Saturday 28 April 2007

Cairo Part Two: Totally Unscripted

I'll admit that I like to watch a movie or two, and I admit that I've been sucked into the romantic ideal of what it's like in Egypt. You know the kind of Hollywood notion I'm talking about, where a simple trip can lead to long lost treasure, danger and romance. Below is my photographic essay on what's real, and what ain't. (Please excuse the layout, Bloggers easy "click and drag publishing" is about as easy as clicking and dragging an elephant accross a mine field).

Travel (1)

The Ideal







The Reality








Travel (2)

The Ideal





The Reality














The Nile

The Ideal







The Reality















People

The Ideal














The Reality



Life in Egypt

The Ideal



The Reality














Treasure

The Ideal




The Reality















The Pyramids


The Ideal









The Reality












Thank God some things don't change.
Of course let's not forget Mummies and Pharoahs, Mosques and Minarets, koftah and kebabs, bargains and Baksheesh, noise, life and smiles. Thankfully not everything is as simple as Hollywood would like us to believe.

Till next time.
Jeff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice entry Hoogen-tick-tick-tick-boom. Reads like MX and smells suspiciously like my blog. Lots of picks. Easily digestable. Word. Thanks for the link to my site too. Will do the same if you could teach me.

Anonymous said...

the ideal: mike's blog
the reality: jeff's blog.

BOO-YA!